25 August 2015

My Little Free Library



I am thrilled to show you the best new edition to my classroom:  the amazing Little Free Library that my step-father, Mike, so generously built for me.  

I enjoy discussing books with all sorts of readers, but the most special experience is when a reluctant reader finds a book that just blows their mind.  It might be a book that opens up a fantasy world that they never could have imagined or a book that tells a coming of age story that seems just like their own.  Whatever it is, when a formerly non-reader gushes over their new booklove, it always makes my teacher-heart swell with joy. 

So... to celebrate the start of the school year, the new Little Free Library, and readers everywhere, I am inviting my friends, family and co-workers (you!) to donate to the Little Free Library.  

When considering what book to choose, I would encourage you to think about what book blew your mind as a teenage reader.  If you feel so moved, write a brief note inside the copy about what the book meant to you.  I just think this will be completely precious.  

If you want to support the Little Free Library, but can't think of a title, feel free to make a donation of books you think teenagers might like.  Lastly, you can also just give me cash and I will joyfully buy the books for you ;-) 

I thank you in advance for your donations and look forward to featuring books and readers on this blog so you can enjoy and share in all the booklove that the Little Free Library brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment